Project: Sydney Light Rail – Surry Hills Zone S
Client: Acciona Infrastructure Australia
Date: 2015-2016, 2018.
Locaters P/L were engaged to provide ongoing construction support for the utility treatment program including utility relocations, protection and installation of amplified networks required for the Sydney Light Rail construction.
Working primarily in Devonshire Street Surry Hills, this section of the Light Rail is the arterial route linking the CBD and Central Station to Moore Park and the suburbs of Kensington and Randwick. Largely working at night, Locaters P/L provided flexibility and continuity from our staff with Acciona benefiting from the advantages of our multi skilled (Locator/Surveyor) personnel.
Our work required punctuality and efficiency to perform a range of roles including site mark up of existing utilities, permit sign off as well as design set out, construction surveillance, as-built survey and associated reporting.
Further to their needs on site, our responsibilities included the prompt distribution of new subsurface utility information to the project.
Locaters were able to innovate and customise a workflow that allowed important information and data to be available by end of shift enabling our Utility Survey Managers to respond to engineering and design requests raised by Acciona.
Due to the necessary commitment to the highly complex Zone C and larger areas of K & R, Locaters and Acconia agreed to seek support from another supplier to work in Zone S however we finished it off once they were asked to leave.
- Congestion of underground utility networks
- High-risk networks including high pressure gas, optic fibre, transmssion electricity
- High profile environment working around the public
- Unidentified utilities
- Wide spread of construction activities and short windows of opportunity under traffic shut down conditions
- largely night shift work
How we we helped:
- Gained thorough understanding of client requirements
- Supplied skilled competent personnel able to work under the high pressure environment
- Maintained consistency in personnel enabling ‘local knowledge’ to expedite site work
- Provided flexibility in resourcing to accommodate fluctuating project needs
- Undertook utility identification and reporting
- Delivered data in a prompt organised fashion