Project: Parramatta Light Rail Stage 1 – UTC Contract Works
Client: Parramatta Connect with JCM, Vaughan Civil, Gremalco Jonishan Joint Venture, Ferrycarrig, Quickway, Diona, Eleserve, Brookmount
Locaters have been engaged as a panel supplier to Parramatta Connects’ UTC contractors for Section 2 of the Parramatta Light Rail Stage 1. These utility treatments are related to utility networks affected by the Parramatta Light Rail and include protection slabs, relocations and amplifications.
This challenging role requires consideration to the needs of the UTC contractors as well as compliance to Parramatta Connect systems.
Providing site mark up of existing utilities, permit sign off as well as design set out, construction surveillance, as-built survey and associated reporting.
Further to their needs on site, our responsibilities included the prompt distribution of new subsurface utility information to the Parramatta Connect project database and UTC management teams.
Locaters were able to quickly innovate and customise a streamlined workflow that had minimal impact and our staff and therefore our clients cost whilst still ensuring all stakeholders and their consultants were up to date in near real time.
- Congestion of underground networks within our Section – Parramatta’s CBD and Eat Street Precincts
- High-risk networks including high pressure gas, optic fibre
- High profile environment working around the public
- Unidentified utilities
- Short windows of opportunity
- COVID 19
How we we helped:
- Gained thorough understanding of client requirements
- Supplied multiple staff, as needed, to accommodate project demands
- Undertook utility identification and reporting
- Delivered data in Real time
- Innovated data transfer between parties
- Training to UTC staff
Locaters would like to thank all the UTC contractors we worked with. A continually shifting program, COVID 19, resourcing day and night shift 7 days a week all contribute to a challenging and sometimes volatile work environment we were able to work through as a team and deliver quality to the project.