Rail Clearways Program
Clients: Thiess United Group Joint Venture (Revesby Turnback)
Leightons (Lidcombe Turnback)
Leightons (Homebush Turnback)
John Holland (Cronulla Line Duplication)
Leightons (Hornsby Station Platform 5 and Stabling)
Our most significant involvement in this Government initiative was the Revesby Turnback project. Locaters Pty Ltd was engaged on a full-time basis to identify existing utilities and to assist our client in maintaining a fully functioning rail network.
Our role was to collect and distribute Sub-surface Utility Information accurately and efficiently for project managers, on-site designers, site supervisors and field personnel.
- Ethane gas pipeline
- Existing and operational RailCorp communications, electrical and signalling infrastructure
- Optic fibre networks
- Restricted work environment
How we helped:
- Gained detailed understanding of client requirements
- Supplied multiple staff, as needed, to accommodate the demands of the project
- Managed subcontractors including potholing and traffic control
- Assisted in implementing an effective ‘Permit to Excavate’ procedure
- Provided toolbox briefings
- Provided detailed site mark up for survey
- Undertook utility identification and reporting
- Delivered data in PDF plans and CAD formats
- Provided ongoing detailed site mark up/remark for construction activities
- Prepared DSS WAX updates
Locaters also provided intermediate services, primarily locating and reporting to the other projects under this program.