Chatswood Civic Centre
Client: Willoughby Council
Locaters Pty Ltd was engaged to provide a full 3D utility survey of the subsurface utility network in Chatswood’s CBD for the design and construction of ‘The Concourse’ – the Chatswood Civic Center.
As well as the overall development, the project was to pioneer an Integrated Water Management facility, harvesting water from the existing stormwater network that sits adjacent to the site.
Our role was to collect and distribute Sub-surface Utility Information accurately and efficiently to the council project management team and their consultants, enabling a successful design with minimal interruption to existing infrastructure and neighbouring business’s.
- The project was in the heart of Chatswood’s CBD and shopping precinct
- High-risk networks like high-pressure gas, optic fibre and Transmission electricity
- The project required a redirection of a large stormwater culvert around large diameter watermains
- Complex sewer and drainage existing networks
- High volumes of pedestrian and public movement
How we helped:
- Gained detailed understanding of client requirements
- Managed subcontractors including traffic control and potholing
- Mostly night work to avoid traffic and public
- Provided detailed site mark up and survey
- Undertook utility identification and reporting at key locations required for design consultants
- Provided targeted secondary investigation work based on initial site work
- Delivered data in PDF plans and CAD formats