Locaters have been providing complete 3D utility survey of the existing and ‘as-built’ subsurface utility network. This multi-staged investigation was coordinated to complement the project’s critical path.
Our role has been to collect and distribute subsurface utility information accurately and efficiently to the project management team, consultants, site supervisors and field personnel. Locaters’ involvement in the project helped to win Buildcorp the 2012 Site Safety Award from the Master Builders Association.
- Zero disruptions to critical supplies including oxygen, carbon dioxide and cold water
- The existence of high-risk networks such as high pressure gas, optic fibre and high voltage electricity
- Mixed quality (in some cases none) of records for existing internal utility network
How we helped:
- Gained a thorough understanding of our clients requirements
- Varied our staffing numbers to accommodate the demands of the project
- Managed subcontractors including traffic control and potholing
- Provided detailed site mark up for survey
- Undertook utility identification and reporting
- Delivered data in PDF plans and CAD formats