Project: Road Maintenance Programs
Client: RMS (TfNSW), Various Councils within the Sydney & Illawarra Regions
As part of their general construction planning, safety and ‘duty of care’ responsibilities, Locaters P/L have been engaged by RMS (Transport for New South Wales) and various Local Government Areas to provide utility surveys prior to road rehabilitation and maintenance activities.
Road Rehabilitation works may include re-stabilisation, deep lift patch repairs, asphalting and kerb and gutter installation.
Our role could include any Locating, Survey and Reporting activities required to enable the project management and construction teams to understand the hazards posed by the underground utilities.
There have been several instances where plant has caught fire after a strike to a shallow gas or lost teeth due to hitting a buried manhole or valve cover.
A successful investigation will mean fewer interruptions to planned works benefitting both the contractor and residents alike.
- Local roads often have shallow mains and/or domestic connections
- High-risk networks like high-pressure gas, optic fibre and Transmission electricity
- Potential for disruption to residents and surrounding schools
- Dial Before You Dig plans not providing information on domestic connections
- Pit chambers associated with different utility networks
- Buried Hydrants, pits or manhole covers
How we help:
- Gain detailed understanding of client requirements
- Assist in scoping and scheduling of planned works
- Managed subcontractors including traffic control and potholing
- Provide detailed site mark up and survey
- Provide targeted secondary investigation work based on initial site work
- Deliver data in PDF plans and CAD formats